Generate the "Router" file.

Need Help? Ask your questions here.

Generate the "Router" file.

Postby MD100 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:59 am

Hi,

I have been able to create the Step & Repeat data of my board, including the NC Drill.
The export works great, no problem.
Now, I want to draw the panel cutouts and specify where to Route and place V-Grooves.

My question is:

What is the procedure and how to draw those cutouts so that a Router file can be used by the fab shop to route the board in a panel ?
(I am planning to use one specific layer for that and add dimensions of the panel as well)

Thanks,

Michel Dagenais
MD100

Re: Generate the "Router" file.

Postby marius » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:10 pm

There is no easy way to do it in the ViewMate product line.
You need CAMMaster for this.
CAMMaster has powerful tools to generate routing paths including break tabs with just a few clicks of the mouse.
In ViewMate you need to do it manually, by inserting traces and pads and coordinates that you need to compute for yourself.
However, once done, you cannot export an NC rout file (this again is available only in CAMMaster). You can export a Gerber file and leave the work to the PCB fabricator, if they accept such data.

If you run your design through Smart DFM, you will not need to worry either about exporting drill data or making routing paths. Smart DFM will take care of all of that and send the data to the manufacturer.

Marius Matioc
PentaLogix
marius

Return to Support Q&A for ViewMate