How to move one layer over another

Need Help? Ask your questions here.

How to move one layer over another

Postby kopter6 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:01 am

I have a gerber file on one layer and a drill file on another but the 2 layers need to be aligned so the drill exactly registers to the gerber.

How do I do that, exactly what steps must I take.

Thanking in advance
kopter6

Re: How to move one layer over another

Postby max » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:02 am

Hello,

I suggest that you use "Edit->Move Layers XY Position->Move Chosen Tool...".

Enter the layer number or numbers that you want to move into the 'Layer(s)" text box. You can specify a single layer by entering the layer number. You can specify a group of layers by using the hyphen character. For example "1-3" would choose layers 1, 2 and 3 to move. You can specify individual layers and/or layer sets by separating them with commas.

For example, to move layers 1,2,3,5,6,7 and 9 you would enter:

1-3, 5-7, 9

Once you have selected the layer(s) you want to move, click on "OK" to dismiss the dialog and to activate the "Move From" command. Move the cursor to an element on the layer you want to move. Make sure that layer is active(you can click on the associated layer name in the main menu). Press "A" to align the cursor to the "Move From" element. Click on "Enter" to establish the "Move From" point. Now, activate the layer that contains your "Move To" element. Move the cursor close to the element and press "A" to align. Finally press "Enter" and all the data on the layers you've selected above will be moved.
max

Re: How to move one layer over another

Postby kopter6 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:42 am

Thank you for your help - it's appreciated.
kopter6

Return to Support Q&A for ViewMate