What is the easiest way to move two pads closer together?

Need Help? Ask your questions here.

What is the easiest way to move two pads closer together?

Postby urstubbs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:33 pm

I'm trying to move two pads of the same D code closer together. Since there are many, I'm looking for a way that I can apply this quickly.

I've found I can do this by 'Matching two points' but this is too slow. The solution I found was to homeplate the pair, using 99.9 sholders, and 99.9 noses.

Is there a better solution? Perhaps replacing the D code with a custom one?

Thanks.
urstubbs

Re: What is the easiest way to move two pads closer together?

Postby max » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:51 am

Hello,

You are correct, that it is probably easier to do this by using a new D Code. You could modify one pair of pads as you mentioned in your post. Then, save this as a custom shape.

To do this, select the two modified pads. Then, click on "Edit->Edit Selection->Transcode...". Select a new D Code number and choose "Custom" from the drop down list. Note the new D Code number.

Now, you want to convert all similar pad pairs to this new D Code.

Draw the frame around a pair of "unmodified" pads. You can do this using "Setup->Frame->Draw New Frame" (Shift+W" shortcut). Now, choose "Tools->Convert Drawn Pads->Single Shape...". Choose the "Delete" option from the "Old Shapes" tab. ViewMate PRO will replace all the matching pad pairs with a new rectangular D Code and will select all of the new pad pairs. Now, press "Ctrl+T" to transcode the rectangular shapes to the D Code you created above.
max

Return to Support Q&A for ViewMate