Importing CAD Centroid data to GERBER using Viewmate PRO

Need Help? Ask your questions here.

Importing CAD Centroid data to GERBER using Viewmate PRO

Postby Sebastian » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi guys

I'm trying to import CAD centroid into GERBER using Viewmate Pro. but I have no idea what kinda of file format Viewmate supports and which command to do so. Could anybody please provide some information?

Much appreciate :)
Sebastian

Re: Importing CAD Centroid data to GERBER using Viewmate PRO

Postby max » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Hello,

Currently, this is not possible. However, we are working on a new program that will allow you to do this. Please check back on our web site in approximately 30 to 60 days. All the best,

Max
max

Postby e2tech » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:37 pm

I just downloaded the ViewmatePro trial software. Been a long time user of Deluxe and when I saw you now have centroid data generation figured I would give it a try. So I followed the procedure laid out as far as creating the new footprint and then generating centroid data from this new file. The issue is when I generate the centroid file it is creating far more data than what is there. There are roughly 90 footprints in the new footprint file, but it's exporting well over 1000 different part numbers and locations. When I view the new centroid gerber file generated it shows the correct outlines for the approximate 90 components, but the "id" number is overwritten several times on almost all of the components but a couple. Any ideas on what I did incorrectly? Thanks!
e2tech

Postby marius » Sat May 10, 2014 3:26 pm

As mentioned previously we are working a new software product that will with centroid data.
In the meantime, please see this document for the functionality that currently exists.

ftp://ftp.pentalogix.com/Documents/AppNotes/Centroid/Pick%20and%20Place%20Sample.pdf

It is for exporting centroid data. There is currently no import.
marius

Return to Support Q&A for ViewMate