Error when import and export gerber

Error when import and export gerber

Postby yohanes » Mon May 09, 2011 1:28 am

Hi
I have a question related used pentalogix,
When i import the gerber files, i got warning : "Input Contains a self intersecting polygon at location (x,y) at layer x , Do you want to auto correct ? "

when i export the gerber i got : "Data contains routing paths.These cannot be exported by viewmate deluxe, Only Cam Master supports export of rout data. Continue ? "

Could anyone explain to me what error is that?

-yohanes
yohanes

Re: Error when import and export gerber

Postby marius » Mon May 09, 2011 10:10 am

For import it is safe to answer "Yes" to auto-correct. Self intersecting polygons are polygons where edges cross over each other at points that are not vertices. This is usually due to rounding errors when the Gerber file was created. Gerber coordinates are integers and the output is rounded. This can cause self-intersection when edges are close together.

For the routing path warning: when exporting Gerber, layers that are of type "DRI" will be exported as drill / NC files. They usually came in as NC files. If the data in those layers contains routing paths, they cannot be exported by all PentaLogix software. Only CAMMaster can export rout data. It also has very powerful tools for making rout data from scratch and editing rout data.
marius

Return to Support Q&A for Smart DFM Modules