EZPCBQuote out of date

EZPCBQuote out of date

Postby otto9K9otto » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:12 am

I tried to do the Smart DFM on my board. I cannot start because ViewMate Deluxe complains that EZPCBQuote 1.8.0.0 is superseded by 1.8.16.0. So I did a search on this site and only came up with the Product Features in a 'Nutshell' page. I tried updating the free version of ViewMate but that did not fix the problem.
otto9K9otto

Re: EZPCBQuote out of date

Postby max » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:40 am

Hello Otto,

The latest version of ViewMate should contain version 1.8.16.0 of the Smart DFM software.

Please download the latest version and let us know if the problem is corrected.

All the best,

Max
max

Postby otto9K9otto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Max,
I downloaded and installed the free ViewMate (viewmatesetup.zip). The program said that there was nothing to repair - telling me that my ViewMate is up to date. It should be - I did this yesterday. Now, on my system, I have three versions of ViewMate: ViewMateEZ 10.6, ViewMate Deluxe 11.0, and ViewMate 11.0. EZPCBQuote works on ViewMate 11.0 - it does not work on Viewmate Deluxe 11.0.

Which of these three programs can I blow away?

Is SmartDFM the same as EZPCBQuote?
otto9K9otto

Postby max » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Hello Otto,

ViewMate Deluxe is an upgraded version of EZPCBQuote.

You should replace EZPCBQuote with ViewMate Deluxe.

Let me know if you need help doing this.

All the best,

Max
max

Postby otto9K9otto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Replacing EZPCBQuote (by which, I assume you mean ViewMateEZ 10.6) with ViewMate Deluxe does not make a lot of sense to me because, at present, ViewMate Deluxe cannot run the SmartDFM function. I did blow away ViewMateEZ 10.6 because I have (free) ViewMate 11.0 which does run SmartDFM. Is there an upgrade in the works so I will no longer have to constantly switch between Deluxe (to save work) and free (to use SmartDFM)?

Another question: Running SmartDFM, I get an error that SmartDFM simply calls Format Rout Data (with Composite View bubbled in) . It indicates the spot where the curved notch in the board outline intersects with the straight trace. So I considered using the chamfer tool, but could not find this mentioned at all in the CAMGuide. So two more questions:

How does one use the chamfer tool?
Would the chamfer tool benefit this error?

Just to make sure this gets resolved as quickly as possible, I will upload my round_vapo.bin file to support@pentalogix.com.

Thanks,
Otto
otto9K9otto

Postby marius » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 pm

I will let Max deal with examining the data you sent, but I will try to clarify the situation with our products. I know it is a bit confusing because we have renamed two of our products recently.

Here is a summary:

ViewMate - stayed as it is, but has the added Smart DFM module. It is basically a viewer - you cannot save any data files. If you choose to order a board using the quote functionality, it will upload the needed data to Pentalogix.
ViewMasterEZ - has been replaced by ViewMate Deluxe. ViewMate Deluxe has the same functionality as ViewMasterEZ, but has the added Smart DFM module as well.
EZPCBQuote - has also been replaced by ViewMate Deluxe.

In your case, since you have ViewMasterEZ license, there is no reason for you to use the plain ViewMate. Use ViewMate Deluxe.
marius

Postby otto9K9otto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi marius,
Thanks, but my question remains: Is there an upgrade in the works so I will no longer have to constantly switch between ViewMate Deluxe (to save work) and free ViewMate (to use SmartDFM)?
otto9K9otto

Postby max » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 am

Hello Otto,

The "Format Rout Data" DFM Rule shows you the difference between the theoretical geometry and the actual geometry that will result when the board is routed. In this case, the difference is very small and can be ignored. Please click on the "Accept Results" button in the "Format Rout Data" DFM Rule. You will then be able to continue.

All the best,

Max
max

Postby marius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:31 am

ViewMate Deluxe does contain Smart DFM.
I guess you had trouble running it because you had an older version incompatible with the current state of the DFM rules server.
Please make sure you install the latest update. It is version V11.0.42. You can tell what version you are running by looking at "Help/About".
"Help/Check For Updates" should let you download the latest update.
marius

Postby otto9K9otto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks, Max and marius, I'm cookin' with gas now! Just one as-yet unanswered question from above: How does one use the chamfer tool? It does not appear to be covered in the manual.

Also, in ViewMate Deluxe, when I click on help/check for updates I get the message "You are running the latest version of the software. Please check back soon." But when I click on help/about I get version 11.0.14. So how do I update ViewMate Deluxe?

Otto
otto9K9otto

Postby marius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:39 pm

You are right, Check For Updates does not work for some of early versions of 11.0 (when we moved our website). Our apologies.
Download from:
ftp://ftp.pentalogix.com/Updates/ViewMate_Deluxe/ViewMate_Deluxe_Setup.zip
Note that the latest version is always posted there.

As for the chamfer tool: indeed our manual is very old and out of date. We have so far not had time to update it. So when you come accross something that you don't find there, please look in the release notes (in the cumulative, not current). It is a pdf file that you will find in the installation folder. Then search for whatever word you want. If you search for "chamfer" you will find a description of the chamfer tool around page 15 of the current document.
Note that if you really have serious work to do with routing paths (adding chamfers to routings paths for instance) CAMMaster has a very powerful set of tools for this. They are only available in CAMMaster.
marius

Return to Support Q&A for Smart DFM Modules