No DFM Rule Sets Found - Fatal Error

Learn how to properly install ViewMate

No DFM Rule Sets Found - Fatal Error

Postby atestani » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 pm

I have been working OK until recently when I began to get the subject error. After dismissing the error SmartDFM closes. I have uninstalled, cleaned out the Registry of any Pentalogix or Viewmate entries and reinstalled/registered. The problem persists. I have contacted Pentalogix support but so far no response. I have the latest version of Viewmate and SmartDFM installed. Any ideas?
atestani

Re: No DFM Rule Sets Found - Fatal Error

Postby max » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Hello,

I have not seen your posts to support@pentalogix.com.

Can you please send me an email (send to max@pentalogix.com) and I will try to resolve your problem.

All the best,

Max
max

Postby atestani » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:20 am

I will send you email on this, thanks.

I have been communicating with Andy as part of an overall communication on ordering PCBs from Pentalogix. I have described the problem(s) with him. This is only one part, there is another where I am getting an unhanded error when running SmartDFM.
atestani

Postby atestani » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:01 pm

I should close this out by saying I have resolved this issue by deleting SmartDFM.cfg in the My Documents\Pentalogix\SmartDFM folder. I have no idea what was wrong in the file but I had reinstalled several times and evidently something got messed up.

I also resolved an "unhandled error" with Pentalogix help where I was not doing non-plated holes correctly and an internal array was being accessed with no contents (an out of bounds error). The required action on my part was to change the tool code type in ViewMateDLX to "non-plated" on the general drill layer that was imported. Then as SmartDFM runs it will show an error that these holes are not on the NPTH layer SmartDFM creates. A couple of clicks in SmartDFM moves them and all is well. I recommended to Pentalogix that they catch this error and handle it as opposed to letting the raw error surface to the user.
atestani

Return to Installing ViewMate Software