Cannot start program after installation

Learn how to properly install ViewMate

Cannot start program after installation

Postby marius » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm

"When I try to run one of them, the mouse pointer shows busy for a few seconds then goes away. Nothing else happens. The program never does anything."

There can be several causes for this:

(1) This can happen when virus checkers block the execution of the program. The solution depends on the kind of antivirus software.
In one case “Symantec Endpoint Protection” was blocking the start and uninstalling the antivirus and then reinstalling it fixed the problem (ViewMate Deluxe started OK).

(2) Another situation that can result in the program not starting is the failure to install the Microsoft runtime. ViewMate needs both the Visual C++ runtime and Microsoft .NET V2. These are installed by the ViewMate installation, but sometime the installation fails (either silently or if the user picks "ignore" when the error message comes up). The needed runtimes can be installed after the fact using the following links:
ftp://ftp.pentalogix.com/FreeUtilities/DotNET2/dotnetfx.exe
ftp://ftp.pentalogix.com/FreeUtilities/VC9/vcredist_x86.exe

(3) Finally, there were cases where simply uninstalling ViewMate and reinstalling it solved the problem.
marius

Re: Cannot start program after installation

Postby chrischang » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:47 pm

I have the error message when I start program after installation. It shows " viewmate has stopped working" even I un-install then re-install. I also checked runtime, C++, I have both already installed

Thanks

Chris
chrischang

Re: Cannot start program after installation

Postby marius » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:44 pm

If you are installing on WIndows 8.X, please read also the post "Viewmate will not start in Windows 8.1".
If that does not help, please email our person in tech support who deals with Windows 8 installation problems: bryang@pentalogix.com.
marius

Return to Installing ViewMate Software