install win8 crash

Learn how to properly install ViewMate

Re: install win8 crash

Postby bryang » Wed May 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Pentalogix software has been tested and verified to install on windows 8. Pentalogix software will not install unless you right click the installer and select "Run as administrator". Windows 8 security will not allow installer to write to the registry as a regular user even if that user is an administrator.
bryang
Site Admin

Postby ukcengineer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 am

Hi,

I've been trying to install Viewmate on Windows 8 (64bit) and I'm having no luck.

I ran the setup file as administrator and the program appeared to install normally but will not open. When I click the shortcut nothing loads at all.

I've also tried running the installed program as administrator but still nothing happens.

If it helps, when I first installed I did not do so as administrator so I had to uninstall it and try again.

We are upgrading all of our machines to run Win 8 soon and would like to continue using Viewmate so if anyone has ideas that would be great.

Cheers,

Ant
ukcengineer

Postby bryang » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Sorry to hear you are having problems installing Viewmate on windows 8.

I have installed Viewmate on windows 8 with no problem. I to tried to install viewmate as administrator and could not get viewmate to install. The only way I could install viewmate successfully, was to right click on the installer and selecting the "Run as Adminstrator" selection. If you have tried to install using this option and it still does not work, go to the control panel/Programs and Features and remove ViewMate. Reboot your computer and retry the installation using the "Run as Adminstrator".

Windows 8 will block applications from modifying the registry unless it runs aa adminstrator.
bryang
Site Admin

Return to Installing ViewMate Software