Viewmate will not start in Windows 8.1

Learn how to properly install ViewMate

Postby Tige Gibson » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:08 pm

It installed fine and the icon is in the start panel. Clicking the icon or the file in the Program Files folder does nothing. Troubleshooter does not change anything. If run as administrator a confirmation dialog appears but the program still does not start. There are no error messages.
Tige Gibson

Re: Viewmate will not start in Windows 8.1

Postby bryang » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:35 am

It is very important to right click the software installer during installation and selecting "Run As Administrator". I had issues with Pentalogix apps until I installed each app by right clicking each installer and selecting “Run As Administrator”. After Installation, I now just double click the shortcut in both Windows 8 & 8.1 menu without any run time issues. After installation, I did not need to run any of PentaLogix’s apps as Administrator. Only during installation was it required.

You may want to reinstall using the installation app and install using the right click on installer and selecting the “Run As Administrator” option.

If this does not fix your issue, then you need to have your licensing codes verified. To do this, contact the PentaLogix Support at: support@pentalogix.com

Bryang
bryang
Site Admin

Postby sofiajoe » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:05 pm

I have been working OK until recently when I began to get the subject error. After dismissing the error SmartDFM closes. I have uninstalled, cleaned out the Registry of any Pentalogix or Viewmate entries and reinstalled/registered. The problem persists. I have contacted Pentalogix support but so far no response. I have the latest version of Viewmate and SmartDFM installed. Any ideas?
0zi
sofiajoe

Postby bryang » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:07 am

The Problem is caused by .net being installed on win 8.1 by default, but not enabled. When you go to enable it, it says it can’t find the files needed to complete the installation.

We have seen two paths to solving this issue:

First Path to solution:

Uninstall ViewMate, and then download and Install Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x64)
Download and install from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6523.

Reinstall ViewMate using the installation app and install using the right click on installer and selecting the “Run As Administrator” option

Second Path to solution:

The end solution is below and can be found in this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2734782

You need the windows CD
Method 3: Use Windows installation media
You can use the Windows installation media as the file source when you enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows installation media.
2. At an elevated command prompt, run the following command:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<drive>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
Note In this command, <drive> is a placeholder for the drive letter for the DVD drive or for the Windows 8 installation media. For example, you run the following command:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
bryang
Site Admin

Return to Installing ViewMate Software